Delicious vegan and gluten-free gingerbread banana bread that is naturally-sweetened and made with clean ingredients.
I am obsessed with banana bread and almost equally obsessed with gingerbread recipes in the winter! I decided to combine banana bread and gingerbread into one delicious recipe and it turned out SO good! You’re going to LOVE to snack on this bread all winter long! You can enjoy it for breakfast (love serving it with coconut yogurt) or as a healthy snack. I also highly recommend this with warmed up with some nut butter on top!
This gingerbread banana bread is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free. It’s also naturally sweetened with just bananas and maple syrup – no refined sugar in this banana bread recipe! This recipe is very easy to make – simply blend all of the wet ingredients in a blender and then mix in a bowl with the dry ingredients. Next, let it bake in the oven and your house will smell amazing!!
Lets chat about the ingredients needed for this delishhh gingerbread banana bread:
- Bananas: make sure they’re ripe!! This will make the banana bread much sweeter!
- Coconut oil: I love buying it in liquid form to make my life easier! However, if you’re using regular coconut oil melt it first and then wait for it to cool to room temp a bit before adding it into the blender.
- Maple syrup: this is what I use to naturally sweeten the banana bread (in addition to the bananas).
- Molasses: this is what gives this recipe the ‘gingerbread’ flavor.
- Vanilla extract: for the delicious flavor it gives this banana bread!
- Oat flour: make sure it’s certified gluten-free if necessary. If you’re not gluten-free then any oat flour works!
- Gingerbread spice mix: warming spices that are the perfect flavor for this recipe! Or you can use cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Baking soda & baking powder: to help the bread rise while baking in the oven.
- Salt: gives the bread more flavor!
More banana bread recipes you’ll love:
- cassava flour banana bread (vegan & paleo)
- double chocolate chip banana bread (vegan & gf)
- banana foster banana bread (gluten-free & dairy-free)
- golden mylk paleo banana bread
- chocolate chip peanut butter banana bread bars (grain-free)
You’re going to love this recipe! If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag @leahsplate on Instagram.Print
Vegan Gingerbread Banana Bread
Delicious Vegan and gluten-free gingerbread banana bread that is naturally-sweetened and made with clean ingredients. The perfect thing to bake during the winter months!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Combine all of the wet ingredients into a blender (bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract) and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (oat flour, gingerbread spice mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt), mixing well.
- Pour the blended wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into the parchment-lined loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Keep stored in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze for a few months.