These delicious turmeric honey bars are a perfect snack or healthy dessert! They’re also free of dairy, grains, gluten and refined sugar!
Life is complete with these dreamy bars! I honestly am sooo obsessed that I’ve been eating these for breakfast, dessert and even enjoying them as a mid-afternoon snack! They’re truly so versatile. They’re made with all clean, natural and good-for-you ingredients and are naturally sweetened with dates and honey, making them free of refined sugar. They’re also free of dairy, grains and gluten, but definitely not lacking in flavor. I also love the consistency of these bars! The crust is perfectly moist and chewy while the turmeric honey topping is light, fluffy and perfectly sweet. What’s not to love?!
The crust is SO simple to make and only requires two healthy ingredients: just raw cashews and dates. The turmeric honey topping is also made with simple and clean ingredients: Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey, eggs, almond milk and turmeric – that’s it! No refined sugar, grains, gluten or dairy!
I want to briefly talk about the two superstar ingredients in this recipe; the raw Manuka honey and the turmeric. Raw Manuka honey is different from regular honey because the nutritional content is up to four times that of normal flower honeys. It has immune-boosting abilities and also has an amazing nutritional profile. It’s rich in amino acids, B vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc. Wedderspoon is my go-to brand for raw Manuka honey because all of their gourmet honeys are sourced in New Zealand, where they use sustainable resources to collect and harvest their honey. They are also Non-GMO verified, which is very important to me!
The other ingredient that makes these bars special is turmeric. Turmeric is a powerful herb that acts as an anti-inflammatory and can boost the immune system. It can also help to heal your gut and boost your mood, so why not use it as an ingredient in these bars? I find the turmeric pairs so perfectly with the honey too!
These bars stay good in the refrigerator for up to five days, but they freeze well and last in the freezer for months! When you’re ready to have a bar just remove it from the freezer one hour prior to eating and it’ll be the perfect consistency. I also love sending my husband to work with one of these wrapped up in a little tin foil, so they’re easily transportable!
I hope you love these turmeric honey bars as much as I do!!
These delicious turmeric honey bars are a perfect snack or healthy dessert! They're also free of dairy, grains, gluten and refined sugar!Click To Tweet Print
Turmeric Honey Bars (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free & Refined Sugar Free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First make the crust by simply combining the dates and cashews in a food processor and processing until it all sticks together.
- Put the crust in an 8×8 baking pan and press it down firmly with your hands until it is evenly distributed.
- Now make the filling by combining the eggs, honey, almond milk and turmeric in a bowl and mixing with a handheld or stand mixer until combined. Pour the mixture over the crust and place in the oven for 30 minutes (time may vary depending on your oven).
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving (at least 30 minutes). Enjoy!
This recipe is in partnership with Wedderspoon, a brand I know, trust and recommend. Thanks for supporting Leah’s Plate and the brands that help make this site possible.