When I have some extra time on my hands (which rarely happens these days) I love creating pretty parfaits for breakfast or a snack. I made this superfood parfait that is layered with spirulina chia pudding, cashew yogurt, raw granola and fresh fruit.
I made the cashew yogurt myself and am absolutely obsessed with it! However, you can buy any vegan yogurt that will work nicely as well. If you’re not vegan, feel free to use regular plain or vanilla yogurt. I’m not vegan, but I love the taste and texture of my homemade cashew yogurt.
This parfait will stay good in the refrigerator for about 2 days, so you can double the recipe to be able to enjoy it two days in a row 🙂 It makes a great grab-and-go breakfast that you prepare the night before to run out the door with on busier mornings.
The health benefits of spirulina and endless. It helps your body to detox and rebuild with immune strengthening properties. Spirulina is also packed with protein and iron in addition to Vitamins A and B12.This superfood parfait is made with spirulina chia pudding, cashew yogurt, granola and fresh fruit #vegan #paleoClick To Tweet
Shop the ingredients used for this recipe:
Spirulina Chia Pudding and Cashew Yogurt Parfait
Spirulina Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp spirulina
- ½ tsp maca (optional)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Cashew Yogurt (second layer):
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in filtered water for at least 2 hours or overnight)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp coconut butter (optional)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch of pink sea salt
Toppings (third layer):
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat granola (adds an amazing crunch)
- Fresh berries
- Sprinkle of hemp seeds
- Bee pollen, goji berries and mulberries
- Make the spirulina chia pudding by stirring all the chia pudding ingredients together, cover in an airtight container and let sit in refrigerator overnight to thicken.
- Blend all above ingredients for the cashew cream in a high-speed blender on high until you have a thick consistency (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Pour about 4 tbsp’s (or desired amount) of the cashew cream over the Spirulina Chia Pudding. Reserve the remainder of your cashew yogurt for other meals – you can have it with berries and granola one morning!