I’m so excited that it’s September and I can embrace pumpkin recipes again! Fall is my favorite season probably because of the amazing produce that is in-season and the recipes you can make are endless. As I see more pumpkin popping up and the weather starting to cool, I decided to make these flourless pumpkin pancakes. Pancakes are always a delicious weekend brunch staple. These pumpkin pancakes are the perfect healthy dish to make on a cozy autumn morning. They are light, fluffy and bursting with pumpkin flavor and spices. The pancakes are paleo-friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free. The ingredients don’t contain any flour, butter, oil or refined sugar… yet still taste heavenly!
The ground flaxseeds are optional, but I like adding this addition to sneak some superfoods into the mix. The baking soda will help to thicken the pancakes and give them a little fluff. The spices add that ‘pumpkin pie’ fall taste.
Whip up these healthy flourless pumpkin pancakes this fall! They are #paleo #glutenfree & #dairyfreeClick To Tweet
Shop the ingredients used for this recipe:
Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes
These flourless paleo pumpkin pancakes are the perfect healthy dish to make on a cozy autumn morning. They’re light and bursting with pumpkin flavor and spices.Ingredients
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 1 person 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- Heat greased skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the other wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, vanilla and honey or maple syrup) to the bowl with the eggs and stir well until combined.
- Add all dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the skillet or griddle.
- Cook for about 3 – 5 minutes, then gently flip pancakes. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Place pancakes on a plate and serve with banana, figs and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.