Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?! This rich chocolate oatmeal is completely healthy and packed with nutrients. It tastes like a decadent treat, but is a wholesome breakfast. Raw cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants and contains natural chemicals called flavonoids, which can lower your risk of several diseases – so go ahead and enjoy that cacao! Just make sure it is in the raw, organic form with no added sugar. My favorite cacao powder is Navitas Naturals Organic Cacao Powder and Philosophie Cacao Magic, which is a superfood protein powder made of cacao and other superfoods. For 10% off Philosophie products enter leahsplate10 at checkout.Print
Decadent Chocolate Oatmeal (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: breakfast, oatmeal
- Cuisine: vegan
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp raw coconut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey for non-vegans)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt (if not vegan any coconut or vanilla flavored yogurt will work)
- Add milk to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the oats and stir well to combine.
- Next, add in the remainder of the ingredients, stirring until the oatmeal has reach desired consistency (about 5 minutes).
- Top with more coconut yogurt, cacao nibs, nut butter, berries and banana.