Rainbow carrots are not only aesthetically pleasing, but are also my favorite vegetable to roast. I love the flavor that is brought out in carrots once roasted. You can of course make this dish using regular carrots as well. These carrots make the perfect side dish. I also love snacking on them!
This is such an easy dish to make and is so delicious paired with the maple tahini sauce. The sauce was almost too easy to make. I just mixed together some maple syrup, tahini and pink sea salt. Everyone can enjoy this dish as it is vegan and gluten free.
Carrots are a root vegetable with so many health benefits. They are high in beta carotene and fiber. Carrots are also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, folate, potassium, iron, copper and manganese. They contribute to beautiful skin, help to prevent cancer and are anti-aging.
Roasted Rainbow Carrots with a Maple Tahini Sauce - the perfect side dish! #vegan #glutenfree #paleoClick To Tweet
Maple Tahini Roasted Rainbow Carrots
These roasted rainbow carrots with a maple tahini sauce make the perfect side dish.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- On a tin-foil or parchment-lined baking sheet, toss carrots in olive oil or coconut oil. Sprinkle some pink sea salt over the carrots.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 25 - 30 minutes, or until carrots are roasted and tender.
- To make the sauce simply combine the maple syrup, tahini and pinch of pink sea salt in a bowl and mix well to combine. You may need to add a drop of water if the consistency seems too thick.
- Place the carrots onto a plate and drizzle the sauce over the carrots.
Courses Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo
Cuisine Appetizer, Side Dish