I have officially found my new obsession – this upgraded and healthy version of an Egg McMuffin! I could literally eat this sandwich over and over again. I love making this for both breakfast or lunch and my husband is really into it as well! It’s made with all good-for-you ingredients and will quickly become your new favorite meal. Anyone who knows me knows that this girl LOVES a good sandwich, but this breakfast sandwich is now my all-time favorite!
To make the BEST healthy Egg McMuffin you’ll need the following: a sprouted whole wheat (or gluten-free) english muffin, 1 egg, avocado, spinach, turkey bacon, turmeric, salt, pepper and Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce. This sandwich is just not the same without the ‘special sauce’ so make sure to go get your hands on it! Let me tell you why I love this ‘special sauce’ – it really is SPECIAL! Not only does it taste absolutely delicious (we’re talkin finger-lickin good) it’s also made with clean ingredients and delicious spices. There are no artificial ingredients in Sir Kensington’s products and they’re a GMO-free company! They’re condiments are also gluten-free and they never use high fructose corn syrup. Sir Kensington’s products can be found in Publix, Whole Foods and many national retailers. To find it near you click here.
This healthy Egg McMuffin is delicious, flavorful, hearty, savory and satisfying! It’s even packed with healthy fat and nutrient-dense greens! This healthy Egg McMuffin is simple to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. I lightly toasted the english muffin, sauteed some spinach in olive oil, fried an egg with turmeric, pink salt and pepper, fried a slice of nitrate-free organic turkey bacon and mashed up some avocado. To assemble the sandwich I spread about 1 – 2 tsp of Sir Kensington’s special sauce on each side of the english muffin, followed by the mashed avocado, sauteed spinach, fried egg and turkey bacon… that’s it… breakfast heaven!The BEST healthy Egg McMuffin! This hearty breakfast sandwich is perfection! #breakfast #eggmcmuffin #sirkensingtonsClick To Tweet
The BEST Healthy Egg McMuffin EVER!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 sprouted whole wheat english muffin (or gluten-free)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of turkey bacon (organic and nitrate-free preferred)
- 1/3 avocado
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pink salt & pepper
- Place the english muffin in the toaster oven and toast to desired crispiness.
- While the english muffin is toasting mash the avocado.
- Remove the english muffin from the toaster and spread 1 – 2 tsp of Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce on each side. Spread the mashed avocado on top of one of the slices and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil to a small frying pan and add the spinach, pink salt and pepper and saute the spinach for a few minutes until it is nicely wilted. While the spinach is cooking you can move it to one side of the pan in order to cook the slice of turkey bacon on the other side of the pan, flipping halfway through.
- In the same pan that you used for the spinach and turkey bacon, add 1 tsp of olive oil, then crack open the egg, cooking for about 3 – 5 minutes (or until desired yolk consistency is reached). If you don’t like your yolk runny then flip the egg towards the end. Add a pinch of turmeric, pink salt and pepper to the egg while it’s cooking.
- Now it’s time to finish assembling the sandwich by placing the fried egg, turkey bacon and spinach on top of the half of the english muffin with the avocado. Enjoy!
This post was created in partnership with Sir Kensington’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.