This apple and oatmeal smoothie bowl screams all things Autumn. This bowl is hearty and filling, yet healthy and packed with nutrients. The oatmeal and yogurt will keep you full and satisfied for hours! If you are vegan use a vegan yogurt instead.
This is one of the only smoothie bowls I have made without using frozen banana, which is a nice change. I was pleasantly surprised to still achieve a thick enough consistency without the banana to be able to eat it with a spoon.
The toppings I chose complimented the smoothie perfectly, but feel free to use whatever toppings you like! I used a sprinkle of gluten-free granola, freshly diced apples, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes.Gluten-Free & Vegan-Friendly Apple Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl - the perfect fall breakfast!Click To Tweet Print
Apple Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt (use coconut yogurt if vegan)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 apple, cored and chopped (I recommend organic)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 date, pitted (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- small squeeze of lemon
- handful of ice cubes
- Toppings: chopped apple, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sprinkle of granola
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. The texture should be thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and add toppings.
If you are vegan use vegan yogurt