My ‘Cleaner’ Version of Pasta Bolognese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I love this one)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 basil leaf torn, chopped
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup cooked pasta of your choice (I used this fettuccine – it’s paleo). You can also serve it over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash noodles.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil.
- Add onion, carrots, mushrooms & garlic and saute for a few minutes until soft. Place vegetables in bowl and set aside.
- Add ground turkey to the pan (with a little more olive oil) and saute until browned, about 5 – 10 minutes, breaking up into pieces.
- Add the marinara sauce and oregano to the pan and mix well.
- Add in the cooked vegetables, lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 more min.
- Serve over pasta and top with basil and cheese. If you’re dairy-free simply omit the cheese.
Recipe Card powered by