This delicious vegan golden coconut curry is made in under 30 minutes and is so healthy!
I have been obsessed with curry for as long as I can remember! Any time I’m at an Indian or Thai restaurant I always order the coconut curry and never even look at anything else on the menu. Curry is a comfort food for me – it’s hearty, satisfying, flavorful and so delicious! I love that traditional curry’s are made with coconut milk, so they’re naturally dairy-free. Many people see how thick the consistency of the sauce is so they immediately think it’s unhealthy. However, it’s actually a very healthy dish!
I used to always rely on restaurants (dining in or takeout) for my curry fix. However, I finally decided to make my own at home! Everything always tastes better homemade, including this curry! This meal is awesome in so many ways:
- It doesn’t require a ton of ingredients.
- It’s simple to make.
- It takes under 30 minutes to make.
- It’s packed with vegetables.
- You can make a huge batch of it for your family or friends (or enjoy it on your own throughout the week).
This curry is made with warming spices such as cinnamon, turmeric and ginger. The flavors of these 3 spices combined is perfection. It’s also creamy thanks to the coconut milk and slightly sweet thanks to a little bit of maple syrup. You would never believe that this dish doesn’t contain any dairy because it’s so thick and creamy!
I usually serve my curry over brown rice, but decided to serve it with Hilary’s Eat Well golden curry millet medley – the perfect pairing! If you follow me on Instagram you probably know about my serious love affair with Hilary’s. I eat her veggie burgers almost every day for lunch or dinner – it’s a serious obsession – thankfully it’s a healthy obsession! All of Hilary’s Eat Well products use minimally processed ingredients and are made from real ingredients that are free from common allergens (so important to me since my daughter has allergies). Hilary’s Eat Well products are also organic, non-GMO, vegan and gluten-free – basically my dream product! I know when I’m enjoying a product made by Hilary’s Eat Well that I’m making a healthy choice without even having to think about it.
Anyway, I could ramble on and on about how much I love Hilary’s forever, so I’ll get to the point. They recently released an exciting new line of products – their millet medleys! All of the medley’s are made from healthy grains that are gluten-free. These medleys make the perfect side dish and pair so well with almost anything. They come in 4 delicious flavors and I equally love them all! As mentioned above, the golden curry millet medley is the perfect addition to this curry recipe.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and contains no refined sugar. I also used all organic vegetables to make this dish. It’s a healthy, satisfying meal that is going to became one of your new favorites!This delicious vegan golden coconut curry is made in under 30 minutes and is so healthy! #vegan #glutenfree #curryClick To Tweet Print
DELICIOUS 30-Minute Vegan Golden Coconut Curry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 bag of Hilary’s Eat Well golden curry millet medley
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of pink Sea Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Chop the onions into small pieces and mince the garlic. Cut all the vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini and broccoli) into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the vegetables and cook for another 5 – 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are almost tender (but not fully tender).
- Add in the coconut milk, tamari, maple syrup, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper and whisk well to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, cover the pan, turn the heat to low and allow the vegetables to cook in the sauce for about 5 – 10 minutes, or until soft and tender.
- While the vegetables are simmering cook the Hilary’s Eat Well curry millet by heating it up on a large pan over the stovetop over medium heat, mixing until it’s heated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the veggies are tender serve them with the sauce alongside (or on top of) the millet medley.
This post is in partnership with Hilary’s Eat Well. Thank you for supporting Leah’s Plate and the brands that help make this site possible!