The BEST vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies made with healthy ingredients.
I’m SOOO obsessed with these cookies! Best of all they’re easy to make and require just a few healthy ingredients! I finally got these right after SEVEN attempts, lol! The first few times were complete failures and the last few just a few tweaks needed to be made before these were perfected. I hope you love them as much as I do!!
Vegan + Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp water – let sit for 15 min)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (olive oil or melted coconut oil works too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups oat flour (the one I use is certified GF)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- First make the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseeds with water in a small bowl and mixing it well. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before making the recipe.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients: oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients: flax eggs (should be a gel-like consistency), maple syrup, cashew butter, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and ingredients and mix until just combined. It should be a dough-like consistency.
- Mix in most of the chocolate chips, leaving a few to sprinkle over the tops of the cookies at the end before putting in the oven.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop the dough out onto the baking sheet leaving at least an inch or two between each cookie because they will spread out while baking.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the cookies.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes. Oven times my vary. I’d say the range is between 10 – 15 minutes for these cookies.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before enjoying!
The cashew butter MUST be creamy and almost liquidy. The two brands I recommend are Crazy Richard’s and 365 Whole Foods cashew butter (found at Whole Foods – can’t find it online).