These delicious spiralized butternut squash fritters are the perfect appetizer or side dish. They are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and are free of refined sugar.
I love making a big batch of something on Sunday’s that I can easily reheat during the week for a quick and easy meal or snack. This past Sunday I made a big batch of these spiralized butternut squash fritters. I could happily eat the same thing every day and never get bored, but my husband refuses to eat the same thing two days in a row. These fritters are perfect because you can enjoy them in a different way each time. On Sunday we enjoyed them as a side dish paired with some rotisserie chicken. On Monday we had these for lunch (mine with poached eggs on top and his with fried eggs on top). On Tuesday my husband had them for breakfast with a dollop of lemon yogurt on top. Finally, on Wednesday I enjoyed them with some sliced avocado on top as a side dish with my dinner. As you can see these little fritters are very versatile!
I’m all about quick and easy meals these days, so I was thrilled when I discovered Veggie Noodle Co butternut squash noodles at Whole Foods. It saves me the step of spiralizing the butternut squash to turn it into noodles. This step could easily take 15 minutes plus you need to clean the spiralizer. Veggie Noodle Co spiralizes the vegetable for you so I just take it out of the package and voila! I also love that they use organic vegetables.
These fritters are made using simple ingredients: butternut squash, eggs, coconut flour, turmeric, baking soda, pink sea salt and pepper. This recipe is free of sugar, dairy and gluten. These butternut squash fritters are awesome on their own, but some topping suggestions are plain or lemon yogurt, avocado, or a poached/fried egg.The perfect appetizer or side dish: try these gluten-free spiralized butternut squash fritters! #spiralized Click To Tweet
Below are the ingredients I used for this recipe:
Spiralized Butternut Squash Fritters (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
These delicious spiralized butternut squash fritters are the perfect appetizer or side. They’re gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and free of refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 fritters 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Side, Entree
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
- 1 package of Veggie Noodle Co. Butternut Squash Noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (any flour should work)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil (for frying)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Over medium heat add 1 tbsp of oil of choice to a sauce pan. Once the oil becomes warm, add the minced garlic. Saute the garlic for about 3 minutes.
- In the same pan, add the chopped onions and continue to saute for another 5 – 10 minutes, or until the onions have began to caramelize. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the coconut flour, salt, pepper, turmeric and baking powder, mixing well. Next, add the onions, garlic and butternut squash noodles. Mix together.
- Add the beaten eggs to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a skillet heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Scoop a large spoonful and drop the mixture onto the skillet.
- Flatten the butternut squash mixture slightly with the back of a spatula.
- Cook the fritters over medium heat approximately 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Place the fritters on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. To reheat the fritters you can place them on a baking sheet under the broiler for a few minutes.
Inspired by Balance With B’s zucchini fritters
Thank you Veggie Noodle Co for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love.