This weekend I’m heading up to New York for Memorial Day weekend! I lived in NY before moving to Florida a few years ago, so I’m always excited to go back and visit (especially in the summer when it’s way too hot in Florida)! This will be my first time traveling with a baby – ahh wish me luck!!
I’ll be spending Memorial Day at my mom and step-dad’s house and we’ll probably be cooking together. I want to be in charge of making dessert, and in turn, created these raw cheesecake bars! I have always loved cheesecake, but have not been eating much dairy since I’m breastfeeding and Emma doesn’t react well to it. I always get stomach aches after eating real cheesecake, so I wanted to come up with a healthy version.
These raw, vegan and gluten-free cheesecake bars are perfect! The crust is made coconut oil, cashews, coconut flakes and dates. The ‘cream’ filling is made with coconut cream, almond milk, cashews and maple syrup.
This cheesecake tastes so decadent, but it feels good to know that it’s also actually good for me! This recipe does not require any baking either!#vegan & #paleo No Bake Cashew Coconut Cheesecake Bars aka the best dessert ever!Click To Tweet Print
Raw Vegan Cashew Coconut ‘Cheesecake’
A raw, vegan, gluten-free cheesecake that tastes decadent, but is made with all good-for-you ingredients and doesn’t require baking!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Raw
- Cuisine: Snack, Dessert
- Add all the ingredients for the crust into a food processor and process until a thick dough forms. This took me about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Place the crust in a parchment-lined baking dish and push down with your fingers to flatten and cover the bottom of the dish. Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes for the crust to set.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling into a food processor and process until everything is well-combined and a creamy texture is formed. Pour over the crust, cover with foil and place back into the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Take out of the freezer and allow to slightly defrost, then cut into squares (mine made 10 squares).
- Keep stored in the freezer and about 5 – 10 minutes prior to eating take the bars out to allow to slightly defrost.