These paleo coconut sugar cookies are free of refined sugar/gluten and only require one bowl!
Sugar cookies are one of my all-time favorites. I also love anything coconut-flavored. However, I don’t love eating refined sugar, so I rarely eat traditional sugar cookies. I created this recipe using coconut sugar, which has a lower glycemic index than regular table sugar. Regular sugar supplies ’empty calories’, while coconut sugar retains some of the nutrients found in the coconut palm. Coconut sugar also contains several nutrients such as iron, zinc, calcium and potassium.
I’m all about simplicity these days and love that this recipe only requires one bowl. I hate doing dishes, so only having one bowl to clean is pretty amazing! This recipe is not complicated and the ingredients are minimal.
I love having a batch of these in the cookie jar on my counter for all to enjoy – they’re such a crowd pleaser!These paleo coconut sugar cookies are free of refined sugar/gluten and only require one bowl!Click To Tweet
Shop the ingredients used for this recipe:
Paleo One Bowl Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 39 minutes
- Yield: 9 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the wet ingredients (coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract) in a mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients into the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, pressing down with a fork to flatten them.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before touching.