Chocolate crepes bring back happy memories for me… they have me reminiscing about the trip I took to Paris with my mom and step-dad when I was in college. If you’ve ever been to Paris you know what I’m talking about – there’s fresh crepes around every corner! The amazing scent of fresh crepes really drags you in and is tough to resist!
I’ve recreated the chocolate crepes I used to love so much in France, but a much healthier version that is free of refined sugar, gluten, grains and dairy. These chocolate crepes are high in protein and low in sugar – basically my ideal healthy breakfast!
These crepes require three simple ingredients: egg, banana and chocolate protein powder. I opted for Aloha Chocolate Protein since it’s made with all clean, real ingredients and doesn’t contain any fake or artificial ingredients. Aloha protein checks off all the important boxes for me: it’s organic, plant-based, non-gmo and free of stevia, soy, gluten and dairy. I absolutely LOVE that their protein is free of stevia! Not that there’s anything proven to be bad about stevia, but I personally don’t love the taste. I still enjoy products that contain stevia from time to time, but my preference would be for everything to be free of stevia!
You need to be really careful when choosing a protein powder – many powders have tons of sugar and contain a lot of artificial colorings and flavors. Aloha is a company that very carefully chooses their ingredients and you know you can feel good about adding their powder into your smoothies, oatmeal and even crepes!
As mentioned, these chocolate crepes are free of refined sugar. They are sweetened only by banana and Aloha Chocolate Protein Powder I love enjoying them with some caramelized banana and cashew butter on top. You can drizzle some maple syrup on top too, but I find that the caramelized banana adds the perfect amount of sweetness for me. Please please pleaseeee go make these on your next lazy Sunday morning – you’re going to be obsessed (and won’t feel bloated) after eating them! 🙂
These healthy paleo chocolate crepes are packed with protein and taste like dessert for breakfast! Click To Tweet Print
Paleo Chocolate Protein Crepes with Caramelized Bananas
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 crepes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten-Free
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop Aloha Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
To make the crepes:
- Add all crepe ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Lightly grease a small frying pan with coconut oil or coconut oil spray and place on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Pour half of the batter onto the frying pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes, and then carefully flip the crepe. Cook for an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 again for the remaining batter.
- Place the crepes on a plate (I folded mine) and add the caramelized bananas on top. Drizzle with cashew butter (or any nut butter) and maple syrup (optional). Enjoy!
To make the caramelized banana:
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a small frying pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Place the banana slices in the frying pan and fry for about 3 minutes, then flip and fry the other side for another 2 – 3 minutes. Dust with cinnamon.
Thank you Aloha for sponsoring this post.