Paleo Orange Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 lb skinless, boneless organic chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2–3 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1–2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup bone broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
Heat up the sesame oil on a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion for about 3 minutes, then add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until it’s fully cooked, then set aside.
- While you’re waiting for the chicken to cook make the orange sauce by combining all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
Add more sesame oil and the broccoli and cook about 5 minutes, until it’s nice and soft.
Add the chicken back into the pan with the broccoli and then add in the orange sauce.
Cook the chicken and broccoli with the sauce until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Garnish with the chopped scallion and sesame seeds.