Paleo Apple Cider Donuts with Salted Caramel
These paleo apple cider donuts with a salted caramel glaze are the perfect dessert to enjoy this fall!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 donuts 1x
- Category: donuts
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a donut pan with coconut oil spray (or avocado oil spray).
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the wet ingredients for the donuts (eggs, apple cider, applesauce, coconut sugar & vanilla extract).
- Next mix in the dry ingredients (almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder and salt).
- Spoon the batter into the donut trays and place in the oven and bake for 15 – 17 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking in the oven make the salted caramel sauce by simply adding all of the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan over low heat and whisking until the coconut oil is fully melted.
- Remove the donuts from oven and using a spoon lightly glaze the salted caramel sauce over the top of each donut, followed by a small sprinkle of sea salt. Allow to cool a few minutes, then enjoy!
Keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: donuts, apple cider donuts, healthy dessert