I love making a big batch of something that I can keep in the freezer so I have always have a healthy snack on hand when my afternoon cravings kick in. These sugar cookie peanut butter bars are the perfect snack when you are craving something sweet, but want something free of gluten and dairy and made with all healthy, real ingredients. They are also packed with healthy fat and protein. These bars come in handy often for dessert as well!
These bars do not require any baking; you simply freeze them to allow them to set. When you are ready to eat the bars simply remove them from the freezer and allow about 5 minutes for them to slightly defrost prior to cutting and eating. Keep the bars stored in the freezer for up to six months.No Bake Sugar Cookie Peanut Butter Bars - free of refined sugar, gluten and dairy!Click To Tweet
Shop the products used for this recipe:
No Bake Sugar Cookie Peanut Butter Bars (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 2 hours)
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1 cup sugar cookie peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Add all of the ingredients for the crust into a food processor and process until a thick dough forms.
- Place the crust in a parchment-lined baking dish and push down with your fingers to flatten and cover the bottom of the dish. Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes for the crust to set.
- Add the ingredients for the peanut butter layer into a bowl and mix really well until well combined.
- Cover the crust with the peanut butter mixture, pressing down with your hands to evenly distribute. Cover with tin foil and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to slightly defrost (about 20 minutes), then cut into squares.
- Keep stored in the freezer.