I always need something sweet after dinner. I usually reach for a piece of dark chocolate, but sometimes I crave something light and fruity. This dish is the perfect light dessert and such an amazing summertime treat. Figs are sweet on their own, but once you bake them they become even sweeter! The drizzle of maple syrup, sprinkle of cinnamon and coconut flakes are the perfect finishing touch!
Aside from being a wonderful healthy dessert, these figs also make the perfect appetizer or side dish. They are such a crowd-pleaser!
Figs contain so many beneficial nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, potassium and chlorine.
Maple Cinnamon Baked Figs - the perfect light dessert for summer! #vegan #paleoClick To Tweet Print
Cinnamon & Honey Baked Figs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish with coconut oil (olive oil works too)
- Cut figs in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the figs, then sprinkle the cinnamon and coconut flakes on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!