This vegan & gluten-free macadamia apple crisp is a classic fall dessert that is so delicious and made with clean & minimal ingredients.
Good old apple crisp… could anything be more autumnal?! Apple crisp just screams all things fall! This classic cozy dessert has me feeling so warm… cozy… happy… all the fall feelings…
This recipe is made with clean and simple ingredients. There are actually very minimal ingredients needed for this recipe. This dessert is so easy to make and is such a crowd pleaser!!
This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. I love that it’s free of refined sugar and simply sweetened with just a little maple syrup.
I bake this in a cast iron skillet for the most perfect flavor!! If you don’t own a cast iron skillet you can definitely use a baking dish instead! If your skillet or baking dish is larger than 10 inches, please use 6 apples instead of 4, which is what I recommended in the recipe.
This dessert is delicious enjoyed on its own, or served with vanilla yogurt or ice cream! I’m obsessed with vegan coconut milk ice cream lately, but regular vanilla ice cream would also be amazing!
This vegan & gluten-free macadamia apple crisp skillet is a classic fall dessert that is so delicious and made with clean & minimal ingredients.Click To Tweet Print
Skillet Macadamia Apple Crisp (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
This vegan & gluten-free macadamia apple crisp skillet is a classic fall dessert that is so delicious and made with clean & minimal ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil (or butter if you’re not dairy-free).
- Combine the almond flour, oats and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the maple syrup and coconut oil over the dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Remove the core from the apples, then chop into small pieces.
- Pour the apples into the cast iron skillet, followed by enough of the crumble topping to cover the apples.
- Sprinkle the chopped macadamia nuts evenly over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until the top is golden.
- Serve with yogurt or ice cream. It’s also so delicious enjoyed on its own.
You can make this in a baking dish as well. If using a larger skillet or baking dish use 6 apples instead of 4.
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, skillet, dessert, dairy-free, apple crisp