Before moving to Boca I lived in Miami for about 2 years. I really miss living down there and try to get to Miami as often as I can. I often get asked for advice on where to eat in Miami as well as where to find the best coffee, smoothies and workout spots. After months of wanting to put this list together for you guys, here it is!!
QUICK EATS / COFFEE /SMOOTHIES:
- Dirt Eat Clean – every time I’m in Miami I come here for breakfast. I love the ‘clean bowl’ and the breakfast sandwich. The matcha pancakes are also SO good!
- Dreamer – cute little spot that serves matcha, coffee, smoothies and much more!
- Dr Smood – probably one of the best smoothies I’ve ever had in my life – tasted like a milkshake. They’re grab & go food is great too!
- Under the Mango Tree – cute spot that any health enthusiast would love.
- Pura Vida – a little spot south of fifth with a big menu with so much good stuff!
- Lilikoi Organic Living – locally sourced organic health food
- Delicious Raw – grab a coffee and/or a smoothie – both are excellent!
- OTL – I love grabbing a casual lunch or coffee here.
- All Day – love their coffee, food and the whole vibe!
- Panther Coffee – they have a few locations and some of the best coffee around.
- Zak the Baker – so glad he finally opened a store – go pick up some of this incredible locally baked bread and pastries!
- La Sandwicherie – my fave spot for a sandwich!
- Apple A Day Cafe – a small healthy grocery store with a great menu to order from as well!
- Icebox Cafe – one of my favorite breakfast spots in Sunset Harbour!
- Mandolin – the freshest Greek Food – everything is so delicious!! Definitely request a table outside – you’ll really feel like you’re dining in Greece!
- Pubbelly Sushi – some of the best rolls I’ve ever had – really creative too!
- Tony’s – really low-key sushi spot – the best!
- Joe’s Stone Crab – if you’re a stone crab lover then this is a must! The stone crabs are expensive, but everything else on the menu was pretty reasonable. If the wait is to long they offer takeout and you can eat it at South Pointe Park across the street.
- Alter – had such a delicious meal here!
- Lucali – some of the best pizza in Miami!
- Plnthouse: a healthy spot in the 1 Hotel. They have everything from smoothies to avocado toast and collagen coffee!
- Cecconi’s – such a pretty restaurant with some of the yummiest Italian food inside Soho House.
- Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink – trust me – go!
- Planta – vegan food lover’s dream!
- Plant – vegan/raw cuisine and organic wine in a really pretty space!
- NaiYara – if you’re obsessed with Thai food like I am then you’re going to love this spot!
- Upland – haven’t been, but heard great things and will definitely check it out next time I’m down there.
- Makoto – incredible Asian food in Bal Harbour.
- Ahana Yoga
- Barry’s Bootcamp
- Soul Cycle
- Green Monkey Yoga
- Run / walk on the beach or boardwalk
- Tierra Santa Healing House – this spa located in the Faena Hotel has a waterfall shower, herbal steam room, wet scrub, sauna, and ice parlor. I could spend all day in there.
- The Standard Spa – sometimes I don’t even get a treatment and just love hanging in there. I love the heated steps!
- The Sacred Space – definitely worth checking out if you’re into the wellness scene!
- Coconut Grove Farmer’s Market – it’s not too small, but not overwhelmingly large either. Go on Saturday!
- Check out the Wynwood Walls, Wynwood Yard and walk around Wynwood – so many great little shops and restaurants.
- Design District – I love strolling around the streets here and grabbing a bite to eat.
- Walk around Sunset Harbour – it’s really just 2 small roads, but so many little restaurants, workout spots and shops tucked in there.
- Brickell City Center – so many good stores and definitely worth checking out!
- Lincoln Road – I love walking up and down Lincoln Road and stopping in the stores and restaurants. If I don’t have a dinner reservation it’s fun to find a spot that looks good here.
- The beach – I mean – duh – it’s Miami and I feel silly even writing this as a suggestion since it’s so obvious. The water is so pretty and clear!
- Check out Coconut Grove & Coral Gables – I’m honestly not soo familiar with either, but always enjoy walking around both.
- Bal Harbour – the shops are SO pretty to walk around.
- Miami Beach EDITION – just stayed here this past weekend and the service was incredible. The staff is so nice and accommodating and was always checking on me to see if I needed anything. The rooms were simple, yet sophisticated with a clean, cool modern vibe.
- SoHo Beach House – I’ve never stayed here, but used to spend lots of time hanging out at their pool and beach when I used to live in Miami. It’s definitely top on my list to stay next time.
- Standard Hotel – definitely more low key than the other hotels on this list, and honestly one of my favorites. There’s so much to do there and I could get lost in the spa for hours. I love the pool scene and the pretty bay views. Also, probably my favorite spot for happy hour.
- Faena – stayed here for a wedding a few months ago and loved it! Beautiful hotel with great dining options and a gorgeous pool.
- 1 Hotel – never stayed here, but went to a wedding here and the hotel was gorgeous!!
- The Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club – never stayed here, but have heard amazing things and definitely would love to stay one day.
- St. Regis Bal Harbour – Josh and I had our babymoon here and the hotel was over the top (in a good way). The hotel is beautiful, but further away from everything, so if you’re looking to be in a central location then I don’t recommend it. However, if you want to be away from everything (and have the Bal Harbour shops across the street) then go for it!
- Honestly, I’m the wrong person to give advice on this haha. When I used to live in Miami a few years ago I could have told you some good spots, but now I’m usually asleep by 10pm (even in Miami).
I hope this list is helpful! Let me know your thoughts if you check out any of these spots!