Grilled peaches served with a vegan sea salt caramel sauce is the most DELICIOUS combo!
Every night after dinner I crave something sweet. I usually have a piece or two of dark chocolate, but lately I’ve been opting for something ‘fruity’. Since it’s summertime we’ve been grilling outside almost every weekend, so this time I decided to throw some peaches on the grill after dinner. When peaches (or any fruit) is cooked it naturally caramelizes the fruit and helps to enhance the natural sweetness of the fruit. This recipe would also be amazing with nectarines or apricots!
These grilled peaches are sweet all on their own, but I decided to serve them with some homemade vegan pink salt caramel sauce. The pink salt caramel sauce is so easy to make. It requires minimal and clean ingredients (ones you usually have sitting around your house) and took me under five minutes to make. The simple and healthy ingredients for this sauce are almond butter (can also use cashew butter), maple syrup and Frontier Co-Op Himalayan pink fine grind salt. I find that the pink salt really helps to bring out the flavor in the caramel sauce as well as in the peaches.
You can use any salt, but my brand of choice is Frontier Co-Op because they source their spices from growers committed to quality, sustainability and ethical trade. Their products are non-gmo and are free of ETO (ethylene oxide) which is a sterilization chemical commonly used in the spice industry. I also truly love the amazing flavor of their new Himalayan pink salt.
You can drizzle the pink salt caramel sauce on top of the peaches or serve it on the side and dip the peaches in the sauce. Either way, it’s absolutely delicious and will become one of your new favorite light and healthy desserts!
These grilled peaches served with a sea salt caramel sauce are the perfect summertime dessert. #glutenfree #veganClick To Tweet
Grilled Peaches with a Sea Salt Caramel Sauce (Vegan & GF)
These grilled peaches served with a vegan sea salt caramel sauce are the perfect summertime vegan & gluten-free dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 people 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
For the grilled peaches:
- 3 ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
For the sea salt caramel sauce:
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of Frontier Coop pink sea salt
- 1 tsp water
- Heat your grill to low-medium heat.
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the pits. Brush the peach halves with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
- Transfer face-down to the grill and cook for about 1o minutes.
- While the peaches are grilling make the caramel sauce by combining the almond butter, maple syrup, pink salt and water. If it’s too thick add a little more water to thin it out.
- Transfer the peaches to a plate and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the peaches. Serve immediately.
This would be SOO delicious served with yogurt or ice cream!
This post is in partnership with Frontier Co-Op. Thank you for supporting Leah’s Plate and the brands that help make this site possible!