Greens. Pesto. Cheese. Pizza. Delicious.
This pizza is so yummy and packed with greens so you don’t feel guilty about eating pizza! I bought this pizza dough at Whole Foods, so I didn’t make the dough myself. However, this is whole wheat and the crust is extremely thin, so it’s not too heavy. This is simple to make – all you do is make the pesto using Organic Girl greens or any greens you like – spinach or kale would be great too. Spread a layer of the pesto over the dough and top it with a little grass-fed organic mozzarella, or any cheese you desire. Vegan cheese would also be great on this.
Green Pesto Pizza
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Cuisine: Italian, Vegetarian
- Preheat oven according to the instructions on the pizza dough recipe that you buy.
- Make the pesto by using my recipe here – I used Organic Girl Pepper Greens for this instead of the kale, but feel free to use whatever greens you like.
- Top the pizza dough with a layer of pesto and then a generous sprinkle of cheese.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven, on a baking sheet. Bake according to the pizza dough package instructions, or until the crust is golden and the cheese on top is fully melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.