This post is sponsored by Happy Egg Co, and all opinions are my own.
This veggie frittata is quick and easy to make and is a perfectly healthy breakfast the entire family can enjoy!
It is so typical of me to get hooked on a certain meal and only want to eat that everyday for a few weeks until I eventually either get bored with it, or find a new meal to become obsessed with for a period of time. Lately that meal for me is a frittata. I’ve been having one at least 3 – 4 days per week and can’t seem to get enough! I play around with which veggies I put in it, but the recipe in this post is my favorite and go-to.
This goat cheese and veggie frittata is quick and easy to make and requires a few simple ingredients such as eggs (I love Happy Egg Co. ORGANIC “Free-est of the Free Range™” eggs. They are pesticide, hormone and antibiotic free.), veggies and goat cheese. I love this recipe because it’s packed with protein thanks to the eggs, healthy fat from the avocado oil that I sautéed the veggies in and fiber from the veggies. I love adding some sliced avocado on top as well. I also love that the eggs contain vitamins B2, D, B6, B12, zinc, iron and copper. The goat cheese adds the most incredible taste to this frittata, but if you’re dairy-free you can certainly omit it. This recipe is also gluten-free for anyone that avoids it!
There are so many ways to enjoy this frittata: on its own, served over a bed of arugula with some avocado as a salad or sandwiched between 2 slices of bread with avocado for the most delicious breakfast sandwich!
Now let’s chat a bit about why I love Happy Egg. These eggs are so much more than just an ordinary farmer’s egg. The color of the shell and yolk is absolute perfection. I love when I get a perfectly rich deep orange-looking yolk. You can also taste the difference of this egg! It’s so important to be selective about which eggs you choose to consume. It’s nice to know I have a brand I can trust and feel good about. To find Happy Eggs near you check out their store locator here.
- 8 Happy Egg Co. eggs
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced asparagus
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- pinch of pink salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place oil in an oven safe pan (I used a cast-iron skillet), over medium heat.
- Add the shallot to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until its translucent, then add in the remainder of the vegetables, cooking for about 5 minutes, until they’re soft.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables and make sure they are evenly covering the pan/vegetables. Crumble the goat cheese on top, then place the skillet in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. If the eggs aren’t completely set (the top should be golden), then place back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice and enjoy!
I love to serve my frittata with sliced avocado on top.