This delicious gluten-free & grain-free chicken parmesan is made with simple and minimal clean ingredients, is full of flavor and tastes like the real-deal!
I love recreating cleaner versions of my favorite comfort foods. Since I was young I’ve always been a big chicken parmesan fan. After many recipe attempts I finally made the most perfect gluten-free chicken parmesan that is full of flavor and made with good quality ingredients. It’s so simple to make and is now a go-to in my house.
For this recipe I use my favorite tomato sauce from Otamot and love that it has vegetables in it. I have two little girls and it’s tough getting them to eat vegetables so this is an awesome way to sneak them in! Otamot Essential Sauce is made with clean ingredients and uses a healthy, high-quality oil. Many store-bought marinara sauces can contain soybean oil, sugars, canola oil or citric acid, which is often derived from corn or white potatoes. Otamot Essential Tomato Sauce is packed with vegetables, vitamins, and antioxidants; therefore is a product I believe in and will continue to support. I love that this sauce has no added sugar — I’m very aware of how much sugar is added into our sauces, dressings, dips, spreads, etc so I was thrilled to see they didn’t add sugar – I find it so unnecessary.
I’ve never actually listed out every single ingredient in a product, but I’m so obsessed with every single ingredient in Otamot Essential Sauce that I feel compelled to list them out for you: Vine Ripened Tomato, Water, Carrot, Red Bell Pepper, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Spinach, Red Beets, Leeks, Sweet Onion, Garlic, Nutritional Yeast, Grapeseed Oil, Salt, Portobello Mushroom, Lemon Juice. NO artificial ingredients, NO gums or fillers, NO sugar, NO nasty oils and SO many good veggies!!
To make this recipe gluten-free I used a mix of almond flour and herbs/spices as well as organic cheese. You truly can’t taste the different between this gluten-free version and a traditional version of chicken parmesan coated in real breadcrumbs.
As mentioned, this recipe requires minimal ingredients and is simple to make. You simple dip the chicken cutlet in egg followed by the almond flour mixture and bake it in the oven with some Otamot Essential Sauce and cheese on top. If you’re dairy free you can definitely omit the cheese.
You can fry the chicken in avocado oil on a frying pan, or choose to bake it in the oven as I did. Either way it will come out delicious!!Print
Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Chicken Parmesan
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup Otamot Essential Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large, shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, 1⁄2 cup of the parmesan cheese and all of the spices.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg, then dip into the almond flour mixture, making sure each side is fully coated.
- Place the chicken cutlets on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, until the breading is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add about 1⁄4 cup of Otamot Essential Sauce over each chicken cutlet, followed by the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy on its own, served with a salad, or over gluten-free pasta, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash noodles.
Thank you Otamot for partnering on this post!