I love the way my house smells after baking a fresh batch of cookies. It smells warm, cozy and welcoming. Today while Emma was napping I was in the mood to bake a batch of my favorite chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I love giving them out to friends and my husband is thrilled about having freshly-baked cookies when he comes home from work. I also think baking cookies just goes hand-in-hand with the holiday season.
These flourless chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are the perfect healthy treat! They require minimal ingredients and are simple to make. They are made with oat flour (just ground up oats), which makes them ‘flourless’. This recipe is free of gluten and dairy as well. These cookies are made with healthy and simple ingredients: oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, egg, cinnamon and vanilla.
Shop the ingredients used for this recipe:
Flourless Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
These flourless chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are the perfect healthy treat.
- Yield: 12 people 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking oil blend (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of pink sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large bowl mix the wet ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together and then combine with the wet ingredients.
- Form the dough into small balls (mine formed about 12 cookies) and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Cookies need to cool for about 20 minutes prior to being touched. They will harden as they cool.