Boost your immune system, promote digestion and nourish your skin with this healthy tonic made with apple cider vinegar, lemon, honey and cayenne.
I have a new morning ritual that I’ve come to love. The past few days upon waking up I quickly whip up this cleansing and detoxifying tonic. It helps to boost my immune system for the day and I’ve noticed a significant improvement in my digestion. This tonic is also amazingly nourishing for your skin!
The ingredients for this simple tonic are warm water, freshly squeezed lemon, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, raw honey and cayenne pepper. Pompeian’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar contains ‘the mother’, which is the dark, cloudy substance formed from naturally occurring pectin and apple or grape residues found in organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized vinegars. Unlike other vinegars on shelf, unfiltered, unpasteurized organic vinegar with the mother can be consumed on its own as part of a daily diet as the mother contains healthy bacteria filled with a high volume of antioxidants.
Each and every ingredient has an abundance of health benefits, but today I’m going to further discuss the amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar and why I’ve been adding it into this tonic:
- The pectin contained in apple cider vinegar is known to soothe intestinal aches, spasms, and pain.
- Apple cider vinegar aids in soothing a sore throat by killing the bacteria in the throat. Bacteria doesn’t like the strong acid content of apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to clear your nose from congestion because the potassium in apple cider vinegar thins your mucus and the acid content in the vinegar helps reduce the total amount of bacteria trying to inhabit your nasal cavities.
- The acetic acid contained in the vinegar is what is believed to help fight off the cholesterol in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar increases your energy levels for the day.
- Apple cider vinegar stops chronic bad breath because the high acid content of apple cider vinegar kills any germs in your mouth.
- Swish some apple cider vinegar in your mouth to naturally whiten your teeth and remove stains.
- The regular consumption of apple cider vinegar can help to reduce blood pressure, which is a major marker of those with heart disease.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to reduce excess fat in cells, promoting weight loss.
Even though I choose to drink think tonic first thing in the morning, you can really enjoy it any time of the day! If you make it (and drink it every day for a few weeks) let me know if you notice an improvement in your energy levels, digestion, immune system and skin!Boost your immune system, promote digestion and nourish your skin with this healthy tonic!Click To Tweet
My Favorite Detoxifying Tonic
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 cups filtered water
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tsp raw honey
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Add all ingredients to a blend and blend for about 30 seconds.
Pour into two glasses and enjoy as a detoxifying tonic.
This post is sponsored by Pompeian. As always, all opinions and text are my own.