The most delicious gluten-free double chocolate chip banana bread
I am so happy to say that I have finally perfected the recipe for double chocolate chip banana bread!! After MANY attempts this recipe is now my go-to and will be for years. I hope this even becomes my daughters go-to recipe when they’re older 🙂
This chocolate banana bread is gluten-free (just make sure you use certified gluten-free oat flour) and is also free of refined sugar (only sweetened with banana and a little coconut sugar). For all my dairy-free friends – just use coconut oil in place of the butter – but if you’re not dairy-free the butter makes it SOOO delish!!
Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten-Free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil spray (or line with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl mix together the wet ingredients (egg, banana, butter, oil, vanilla extract & coconut sugar).
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oat flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt).
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes prior to slicing and serving.