Overnight oatmeal is great for mornings that you don’t have enough time to make breakfast. No one should ever skip breakfast just because they are rushed. Overnight oats are the perfect thing to grab and eat at your desk once you get to work. Most store-bought oatmeals that you can quickly make at work are usually loaded with sugar, so it’s always best to make your own. It takes about 5 minutes of preparation the night before and stays well in the refrigerator for about 3 days.Print
Delicious (and simple) Overnight Oats
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned organic oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (any milk works here)
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional for added sweetness)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Handful of berries
- Place all ingredients in a bowl (in the order listed in the ingredients).
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into an airtight container and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight to thicken. The oats will soften in the liquid and be ready to eat in the morning.
- Top with more fresh berries, banana, almond butter, walnuts, coconut flakes, hemp seeds (anything you like!)