I have been on a MAJOR oatmeal kick lately. Perhaps it’s because I have perfected the method for the creamiest, tastiest oatmeal! This oatmeal is also healthy, dairy-free and refined-sugar free.
The mashed banana gets cooked with the oatmeal and gives it a sweet taste and thick consistency . The maca adds a nutty/caramel flavor and is a superfood that is known to boost energy and libido. Maca is rich in vitamins B, C and E and high in calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium and amino acids. With all these benefits plus the delicious flavor it adds, why not add it to our oats?!
Creamy Vanilla Maca Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw organic old-fashioned oats
- 1 banana (mash half the banana and slice other half to add on top)
- 1 tsp maca
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Add water and almond milk to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the oats and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add mashed banana, vanilla extract and maca, stirring all ingredients together.
- Allow to cook for 4 – 5 more minutes or until the oatmeal reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour/spoon into a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. Add desired toppings (berries, banana, nuts or nut butter, chia, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)