This 5-ingredient creamy and nutritious Chunky Monkey Acai Bowl will fuel you in the most delicious way!
I have always loved a good acai bowl since I discovered them about 8 years ago. I have tried so many different combinations, but there is one in particular that I have been loving lately. I have been obsessing over this CHUNKY MONKEY acai bowl: aka peanut butter, banana and chocolate!!
The best way to describe the taste of this acai is bowl is like a chocolatey peanut buttery banana milkshake with a fruity twist. It’s the best of both worlds in my opinion because you get to mix fruity with chocolatey 🙂
This acai bowl is simple to make and requires just a few clean and simple ingredients. This recipe is 100% plant-based / vegan and is also gluten-free. If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast recipe that takes just 5 minutes to make and is packed with nutrients, then look no further than this chunky monkey acai bowl.
Ingredients needed for this acai bowl:
- almond milk
- cacao powder (I use raw cacao powder, but cocoa powder would work as well)
- peanut butter (I use organic creamy peanut butter). Peanut butter is packed with healthy fat and protein.
- banana (make sure to cut and freeze your ripe bananas). Frozen banana is the best way to naturally sweeten a smoothie. The frozen banana will make the smoothie bowl nice and thick and creamy.
- acai (I buy the unsweetened frozen packets). Acai is packed with nutrients and is a superfood I love incorporating into my smoothies.
How to make this acai bowl:
This is too simple! You add the ingredients listed above to a blender (exact measurements in the recipe below) in the order listed. Make sure you add the frozen ingredients (banana and acai last) and liquid first. Blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times. Then pour into a bowl and enjoy.
Suggested toppings for this acai bowl:
- a drizzle of creamy peanut butter
- cacao nibs (love the crunch that they add)
- sliced banana
- hemp seeds (packed with plant-based protein)
- shredded coconut flakes
Chunky Monkey Acai Bowl
This chunky monkey acai bowl is the perfect marriage of fruity combined with a chocolatey peanut butter flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Add all ingredients (in the order listed) to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and add desired toppings (I suggest sliced banana, a drizzle of peanut butter and cacao nibs).
Keywords: acai bowl, vegan, plant-based
More Smoothie Bowls that You’ll Love:
- PB&J Smoothie Bowl
- Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Bowl
- Banana Nut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl