I love overnight oats because they make mornings SO much easier! You prep the oats the night before and they are ready for you to grab in the morning. This is perfect for people who want to get out of the house quickly in the morning. Okay so truth be told – I never have to get out of the house quick in the morning, because I’m a stay-at-home mom, but I do appreciate a breakfast that’s ready to eat when I wake up in the morning. I wake up one hour before my daughter and it’s so nice to take a leisurely shower and catch up on emails before she wakes up. If my breakfast is already made it gives me that much more time to accomplish other things.
This recipe is completely free of refined sugar. I blended blackberries and 1/2 of a banana with almond milk and a splash of vanilla extract and then poured the mixture over the oats. The oats soak overnight in the blackberry banana mixture and the outcome in incredible! I found the blackberries and banana are sweet enough that I didn’t even need to add maple syrup or honey. However, if you like your oats really sweet feel free to add a tbsp of a natural sweetener.
This breakfast will keep you full and satisfied for hours because it’s packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats. This magical grab-and-go oatmeal is going to become your new fave 🙂 Trust me when I say you NEED to make it!
Blackberry Banana Overnight Oats - the best grab-and-go breakfast that you NEED to make! #overnightoatsClick To Tweet
Blackberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Cuisine: Breakfast, Oatmeal
- Put the blackberries, banana, almond milk and vanilla in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl or glass jar and stir in the oats.
- Cover the bowl or jar and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow the oats to soak and soften.
- In the morning add some fresh blackberries and the other half of the banana (sliced) on top and enjoy.