Banana Foster Banana Bread that is made with clean ingredients, is gluten-free & dairy-free & is naturally sweetened with just banana and coconut sugar.
This banana bread recipe is definitely one of my favorites ever! This banana foster banana bread is made with clean ingredients, is naturally sweetened with just banana and coconut sugar and is dairy-free and gluten-free.
What makes this recipe SO good is that you caramelize the mashed bananas in a frying pan with coconut oil and coconut sugar before adding it into the batter. It makes the bananas even sweeter and the bread even moister!
Banana Foster Banana Bread (GF & DF)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Add coconut oil and coconut sugar to a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Once the coconut oil is fully melted add the mashed banana and mix well – let it simmer (a very low boil) for about 5 minutes so the banana caramelizes. Turn off the heat and set aside
- Allow the caramelized banana mixture to cool down for about 20 – 30 minutes
- While waiting for the caramelized banana mixture to cool now it’s time to make the caramelized banana for the topping by simply frying a sliced banana in coconut oil for about 3 minutes on each side
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Transfer the caramelized banana mixture to a blender and blend with the eggs
- In a large bowl mix together the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, then add the caramelized banana mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan, and place the caramelized bananas on top
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes (oven times will vary so start checking after 50 minutes) and can take as long as 60 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes prior to slicing and serving
Recipe adapted and inspired by Love & Olive Oil