One of my favorite desserts is apple crumble. I love the sweetness from the apples combined with the crunch of the nuts. Oatmeal is my favorite breakfast, so I was in heaven when I combined two of my favorites – oatmeal with apple crumble!
The maple sunflower seed butter adds a creamy consistency and isn’t overly sweet. Peanut butter or almond butter would also taste excellent if you don’t have sunflower butter on hand.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! It truly does taste like dessert for breakfast, but with no guilt and just lots of health benefits! I seriously couldn’t think of a better way to start my day!#vegan & #glutenfree apple crumble oatmeal - the perfect healthy fall-inspired breakfastClick To Tweet Print
Apple Crumble Oatmeal
A healthy and filling breakfast that tastes like dessert with none of the guilt!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Slice the apple into small bite-size pieces
- Add the almond milk to a small pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add the oatmeal and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Spoon the oatmeal into a bowl and top with the sliced apples, sunflower seed butter and Paleonola. The Paleonola is the ‘crumble’ topping 🙂
Peanut butter or almond butter would also be delicious if you do not have sunflower seed butter.’Paleonola’ is a granola made of nuts (grain-free). You can make your own version by mixing a variety of nuts and seeds together. This is for the ‘crumble’ topping.