Happy National Oatmeal Day!! I am obsessed with all kinds of oatmeal – baked oats, overnight oats, stovetop oats – I do not discriminate. I am constantly coming up with new and innovative ways to make my oatmeal creations.
For National Oatmeal Day I am sharing one of my favorite breakfasts – my apple cobbler baked oatmeal! It literally tastes like you are eating apple cobbler at breakfast – only it’s completely wholesome, healthy and packed with good-for-you ingredients.
This dish screams all things fall, so go ahead and make this apple cobbler baked oatmeal for breakfast on a lazy Sunday… head over to the couch and wrap yourself up in a warm blanket, turn on your favorite show… and enjoy these oats!Print
Apple Cobbler Baked Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- First, caramelize your apple. Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a small pan over medium heat. Add the apple and cinnamon. Stir continuously until the apples are softened and lightly browned.
- Add the oatmeal, nutmeg, vanilla, maple syrup, pecans or walnuts, apples and almond milk to a bowl – stir well to combine.
- Lightly grease a ramekin with coconut oil and pour in the oatmeal mixture.
- Place the oatmeal in the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top with coconut butter, so it melts over the top of the oats – this tastes like frosting! You can also sprinkle more cinnamon on top.