This sweet treat consists of a dark chocolate shell stuffed with peanut butter and strawberries – seriously the best combo! These peanut butter cups are some of the healthiest you can find, made using only FOUR ingredients! They are no-bake and so easy to make!
In traditional peanut butter cups the peanut butter on the inside is full of unhealthy hydrogenated oils and refined sugars, or even worse high-fructose corn syrup. This recipe uses organic peanut butter (the only ingredient is peanuts)! I added some coconut sugar to slightly sweeten the peanut butter since this is a dessert recipe.
The dark chocolate outer layer is simply made by heating dark chocolate chips over the stovetop. This recipe can easily be made vegan by using vegan chocolate chips.
I have been enjoying one of these every night for dessert and definitely need to make another batch soon!
4 ingredient no-bake Healthy Strawberry-Stuffed Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Click To Tweet
- 1 cup organic [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EEEH42U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=leaspla0f20-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00EEEH42U&linkId=3d0a8bfb663132fea3b338b25db783f8″ target=”_blank”]creamy peanut butter[/url]
- 1/4 cup [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TGH4CK/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=leaspla0f20-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B007TGH4CK&linkId=643f09ac280e510a5fba976f82ef4638″ target=”_blank”]coconut sugar[/url]
- 1 pack of [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QSOCPA/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=leaspla0f20-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000QSOCPA&linkId=34c6cf8d8b0c9f3fd7f273eb997d8bc4″ target=”_blank”]dark chocolate chips[/url]
- 1 cup of strawberries (with stems removed and cut in half)
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone holders. I use [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LZWCH1C/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=leaspla0f20-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00LZWCH1C&linkId=428b5e0420c7f93a2f35b8a224f2f92d” target=”_blank”]these[/url].
- Mix the peanut butter and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips on the stovetop over low heat, stirring occasionally. As soon as it is completely melted, remove from heat.
- Add a small spoonful of the chocolate to the bottom of each lined muffin tin. Place in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes to harden.
- Add 1 spoonful of the peanut butter mixture, followed by half of a strawberry. Cover the peanut butter and strawberry with another spoonful of chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes, until completely hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.