These delicious vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread bars are made with simple ingredients and are naturally-sweetened.
I have been baking lots of banana bread lately, but wanted to switch things up and create a recipe for banana bread bars. These chocolate chip banana bread bars are my new obsession! They’re perfect to snack on or enjoy for breakfast. They’re delicious, perfectly moist and full of that rich banana bread flavor. The bars are light and fluffy in texture. These bars made with simple ingredients and are free of refined sugar, gluten and dairy. All in all, this recipe is a total win!
I absolutely love the RawMio dark chocolate bar and decided to chop it into small chunks to add into the batter. The reason I love this chocolate (aside from the amazing flavor) is because it’s raw, organic and made with the finest fair trade single-origin cacao. Nothing else is added besides some mineral-rich coconut sugar and raw cacao butter that is stone ground at low temperatures. I am a serious chocoholic, so it makes me feel good to know that if I’m going to indulge in chocolate everyday that it’s made with minimal and clean ingredients.
DELICIOUS vegan/gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread bars! Made with simple ingredients & are naturally-sweetenedClick To Tweet
Shop the ingredients used for this recipe:
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Bars (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Yield 6 bars
These delicious vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread bars are made with simple ingredients and are naturally-sweetened
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (or 1 extra large banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seeds + 3 tbsp water - let sit for 15 min)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Windy City Organics Chocolate Bar cut into chunks (reserve a few for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients a blender and blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks into the batter
- Pour the batter into the lightly greased loaf pan and even out the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the top is golden.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack before cutting and serving.
Courses Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
Cuisine Vegan, Gluten-Free